Job Id : 4300
Jobtitle : Senior .NET Engineer
Location : West Hills, CA
Company Name : First American Financial Corporation
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $80,000 - $100,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-08-20
Required Skills : C Language ,.NET Framework ,HTML5/CSS3
Benefits : No benefits are available
- Experience and solid understanding of various software engineering practices.
- Experience translating software requirements and experience with software design solutions.
- Build test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
- Designs, codes, unit test, debug, and document those programs.
- Customizes software based on research and customer needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- May consult with users and develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Designing and developing systems from end to end, including everything from supporting in gathering business requirements to developing and deploying the systems
- Participate in requirements analysis and added technical details
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems, especially to cloud hosting environments
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Learn new skills and languages to stay up-to-date as new technologies come out
- Leads technical aspects of projects with minimal support from other team members
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Serves as a liaison to make technical details easy to understand for non- or semi-technical people
- Work with a CMS to blend functional code and content managed within the CMS
- Managing code branches and merging, and supporting the management of TFS
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs and applications
- Experience designing application systems
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer preferred
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC)) preferred
- Knowledge of the C# language with the .NET framework and HTML5/CSS3 preferred
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as NPM, Grunt, Gulp, SASS, React, Angular, React, etc preferred
- CMS experience is a big plus, especially Crownpeak experience preferred
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC) preferred
- Understanding of Agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills in complex, multi-tiered applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.