For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Senior Network Engineer provides high-speed network access, network security and telecommunications support for NIHs scientific and administrative communities, including the NIH Office of the Director, 27 Institutes and Centers, Department of Health and Human Services Operating Divisions and external customers.
In this role you will serve as Network Engineer supporting high-speed, highly available network infrastructures (Cisco Routing and Switching Network, MPLS Network, data center, backbone, facilities network) supporting NIHs Office of the Director and 27 Institutes/Centers.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve within teams infrastructure engineering group
- Review, propose, and execute solutions to meet contract objectives to include:
Monitoring performance, and fine-tuning configurations as required to maintain optimum performance
- Design and test innovative technologies and architectures and develop hardware and configuration standards ensuring network remains technologically current and operationally efficient
- Review impacts of overall solutions and work with program teams to formulate design plans that factors technology investments and risks while providing value by improving business processes and eliminating unnecessary complexities
- Transition technical requirements into a working solution. Participates in all project phases to verify that the design is installed, configured and documented following best practices
- Reviews, understands, and updates technical diagrams and documentation
- Assists the project management team to recognize and mitigate any risks and issues to on-going projects
- Work with security to review and propose solutions for Audit findings and provide remediation guidance
- Review new service requests, propose solutions, draft customer responses, and execute against solution
- Must be able to effectively communicate with project managers, engineers, and operations personnel with high degree of customer service
- Involved in training and mentoring all levels of staff and ensures solutions supported are maintained once deployed
- This is an on-site position
- BS in related field and 8 years related experience or equivalent experience
- Prefer degree in field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in Service Provider networking
- Demonstrated experience serving in a senior network engineer capacity
- Preferred CCIE Service Provider, Routing & Switching, Data Center or be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise
- Ability to obtain (or currently hold) Public Trust Clearance
- All 10 government holidays off
- We pay 50% of employees Health, Dental, Vision
- 10 days PTO available after 1 year
- Eligible for 401k after 6 months
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
- Service Provider: 10 years (Preferred)
- Public Trust Clearance (Required)
- CCNP (Required)
- CCIE (Preferred)