The Oracle DBA is responsible for technical leadership and oversight for Oracle Database management in an infrastructure environment. The candidate will provide team management, solutions, recommendations for policy, standard operating procedures, guidelines, and process improvements using industry best practices. The DBA will also provide oversight on Oracle Databases process, design, configuration, integration, testing and technical architecture. Job duties include:
· Must be able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate needs prior to development of an automated solution.
· Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data through the use of database management systems (DBMS).
· Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
· Provides oversight and direction in designing, creating, and maintaining databases in a client/server environment and conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data and advises users on access to various client/server databases.
· Controls access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
The Sr. Oracle DBA applies knowledge and experience with Oracle database technologies and development methodologies and directs database design trade-offs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
The Oracle DBA position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance. Additional requirements include: US citizen or Permanent Resident and must have lived and worked in the US for the past five years.
· BS or Master's in Computer Science, MIS or related field of study
· Minimum of 10 years of database administration in an enterprise systems environment.
· Experience with Oracle 11g and 12c Enterprise Database.
· Must have strong experience in Oracle RAC, ASM and Performance Tuning.
· Experience with Linux Operating systems and shell scripting.
· Experience monitoring and managing Oracle performance using Oracle OEM
· Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder, and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
· Demonstrates specialized experience handling large amounts of data communicated and shared across numerous entities.
· Demonstrates experience coordinating among individuals and groups in a complex, time-sensitive environment.
· Demonstrates experience and knowledge of database application development and experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle DataGuard.
· Holds Oracle Database Administrator certification.
Key activities include:
· Determining the cause of problems both in terms of functionality and performance, to include providing after action reports with root cause analysis.
· Identifying corrective actions for database issues.
· Coordinating database solution implementation.
· Providing end-to-end support for build and deployment activities.
· Conducting data migrations across the various environments.
· Providing support for Configuration, Change, and Release Management (CCRM) activities.
· Provide on-call problem resolution and support.
· Performance tuning of database instances across various applications.
· Creating database schemas and associated configurations.
· Creating scripts to support DB creation and related activities.
· Generating and maintaining scripts to automate common operations & maintenance tasks.
· Providing end-to-end support for production and alternate production deployment activities.
· Troubleshooting database related issues across environments.
General Dynamics Mission Systems Fairfax, VA
Alchemy Software Solutions Reston, VA
Serry Systems Washington, DC
Select Computing, Inc. Washington, DC
Amazon.com Services, Inc. Herndon, VA