Manhattan Strategy Group (MSG), a rapidly growing management and social sciences consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Pricing and Contracts Specialist. MSG provides consulting services across the federal government in the areas of: 1) Research & Evaluation, 2) Information & Communications, 3) Management & Technology, and 4) Technical Assistance and Training. Our federal clients include the U.S. Departments of Agriculture, Education, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, Labor, and the Treasury and the National Science Foundation, among others. We offer our team members a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment and a competitive benefits package.
Our Bethesda office is looking for an enterprising individual with strong pricing experience in the federal contracts sphere and understanding of key competitive issues in relation to pricing and business strategy. In addition, we seek a candidate with strong expertise in federal contracting to include using the FAR, developing and reviewing contracts and subcontracts, and negotiating on behalf of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, detailed-oriented individual who brings experience in proposal pricing and contract management in the federal contracting and management consulting industry and passion for out-of-the box thinking and problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead price negotiations with the client/government, in coordination with the technical leads.
- Lead all aspects of the submission of business/price proposals for bids on federal contracts
- Develop contract budgets and their written justifications and provide independent assessments of level of effort (hours), required staff, rates, direct and indirect costs.
- Assist in developing cost-related responses to post-submission questions.
- Provide guidance on all aspects of cost proposal preparation, including RFP analysis, FAR, CAS, disclosure, and compliance issues, system requirements estimation, terms, pricing strategies, business risks, and cost proposal content.
- Conduct negotiations with new consultants, subcontractors, and vendors related to price proposals.
- Oversee contracting including government contract vehicles, project contracts, modifications, vendor contracts, hotel contracts, subcontracting, partnership/team arrangements, NDA, joint ventures and consultant agreements.
- Ensure that templates, budget notes, policies, and practices align to the greatest extent possible with funder requirements and MSG policies.
- Review and analyze budgets for accurateness, completeness, and contract structure.
- Establish MSG price lists including GSA Schedules, Commercial, and IDIQs; manage compliance within the firm; handle all aspects of updates to the price lists.
- Manage awards/contracts, modifications and subsequent negotiations with the client, serving as the lead point of contact with the client contracting department.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain contract records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
- Proactively seek opportunities to streamline cost and pricing processes.
- Provide analytics and strategic recommendations for pricing and contract structuring decisions.
- Ensure that staff hiring is compliant with established budgets and targets.
- 4-year college degree in the field of accounting, finance, mathematics or statistics
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with pricing and preparation of FFP, T&M, and CPFF contract budgets in the federal contracting space
- Experience in proposal/contract budget development for management consulting
- Substantial experience with and understanding of U.S. Government contracting rules and regulations is required
- Ability to lead and manage others and serve in a senior advisor role to staff
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills demonstrated in prior work
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication
Other Requirements and Compensation:
- Must work independently
- Must be available to work in the Bethesda office onsite
- Flexibility to work surge hours as required during proposal time frames
- Must have excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. MSG will not consider visa sponsorship for this position.
- MSG offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- MSG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.