Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for an Senior Process Controls Engineer.
The GEMTE Americas Process Controls Engineering team provides engineering and commissioning support for new Cryogenic Air Separation Plants, Helium Liquefaction and Process Gases (Hydrogen, Carbon Monoxide, Helium Liquefaction, Nitrogen and Helium rejection units). The GEMTE Americas Engineering Team serves a diverse market including petrochemical, steel, gasification and electronics. We are a regional team who work closely with colleagues in our Hersham, Pune, and Shanghai engineering offices. We also provide support to the Americas Operations team and ESPS in upgrading/modifying, revalidation and maintaining existing plant assets.
Responsibilities would include:
- Develop process controls execution strategies in conjunction with overall project development team during the bid phase
- Responsible for controls cost estimates for valves, instrumentation, analytical equipment, DCS equipment, SIS equipment and labor
- Participate in P&ID development
- Detailed engineering support will be required, which could include supporting an in-house design team or supporting an outside engineering design firm
- Participation in Operability and Hazard Reviews
- Identify and manage process controls technical risk items
- Develop control equipment specifications including analytical systems
- PAS (Process Automation System) programming and integration
- SIL assessments and verification
- Specify controls inline devices and measurement equipment
- Control System Design reviews
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing of Process Automation equipment (DCS, Analyzers, PDC)
- A bachelors degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with at least 15 years of applicable work experience.
- Experience developing control applications and hardware specifications with Siemens PCS7.
- Additional experience with other controls platforms is a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical competence, leadership skills, communicate effectively.
- Requires attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Instrumentation specification authoring in Smart Plant Instrumentation
- Must be able to lead and direct the work of junior engineers assigned to projects
- Must be a strong team player with a willingness to accept responsibility.
- Travel is required, both domestic and international.
- Travel will include trips to plant sites, equipment fabricators, outside engineering firms, and customer locations (estimated at 30%).
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.