Senior Product Owner, Digital Platform
Caterpillar – Chicago, IL
Provide program leadership and overall product management for large and complex transformations and deployments that have significant enterprise benefit potential. Manage and direct Caterpillar staff, agency and consultant activities associated with transformation / deployment. Provide oversight over product owners for inform and advise level solutions and maintain direct responsibility as product owner for the partner level solution. Provide oversight for system architecture and engineering project management services within the CAT digital.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Responsible for providing product, project, and operations management for CAT digital Architecture and Systems Engineering organization
- Responsible for architecture product roadmap covering technology evolution, architecture blueprints delivery, ROM estimates for the incoming technical engagements
- Responsible for planning and execution of on-going architecture support for engineering teams
- Provide a mechanism to review, evaluate, and prioritize voice of customer concerns and desires for inclusion in architecture roadmaps
- Develop resource funding initiatives to grow architecture teams and product owners in support of the CAT digital strategic vision
- Provide expert level review of digital services and installations proposals
- Provide oversight of architecture project management, partner with CAT digital program and project management functions
- Liaise with Caterpillar internal partners and external organizations defining architecture contributions requirements
- Manage architecture and systems engineering engagements from ideation through successful delivery
- Provide training and support for software engineering, business development and account manager personnel regarding architecture product functions and capabilities
- Assist in personnel management and oversight responsibility for the Architecture and Systems Engineering organization.
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four year Bachelors degree preferably in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience leading multiple concurrent complex product management engagements
- 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- 5+ years of leading cross-functional, cross-organizational software projects and teams
- 3+ years of product managing engagements coordinating off- and on-shore teams and resources
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as JIRA
- Domain expert in cloud software solutions in any of the following: IoT, real-time streaming and anomaly detection, batch ML analytics.
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Background in Information Technology
- Understanding of product management methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of project management methodologies both Agile and Waterfall