Senior Production Planner
Neurovascular- Irvine, CA
RTG (Restorative Therapies Group) OVERVIEW
The Restorative Therapies Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
BRAIN THERAPIES offers an integrated portfolio of devices and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improve the precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
Careers that Change Lives | Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
This position has the responsibility and authority to generate and maintains the Master Production Schedule. Plan, schedule and monitor the movement of material through the production cycle, manages the constraints of supply capacity. Determine priority of production orders. Coordinate the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, quality and engineering. Understand the forecasting process and its strengths and limitations. Participate in the Supply Planning process. Execute Master Scheduling policies, such as time fences, safety stocks and lot-sizing. Monitor product allocations and backorders.
- Generates and maintains a Master Production Schedule, this schedule is communicated to Operations, Supply Chain and Quality Inspection. Monitors BO and PA reporting daily and rolls priorities into MPS. Communicates any part shortages or allocations which may affect production capacity as well as the production orders scheduled to be built during that week/production period.
- Responsible for determining the priority of the production orders for all product lines. Manages the constraints of supply capacity during the development of the Master Production Schedule, and also prioritizes incoming product through Quality Inspection to stock.
- Development of planning improvements by interfacing with Supply Planning, Sales and Marketing. Understands and analyzes errors associated with forecast, identifies trends in actual demand versus forecast. Predicts and manages changes likely to arise based on programs associated with competitive strategies, and promotions.
- Participation in the SIOP process. Provides backup data to schedule changes, product phase in/out and product shortages/backorders and backlog.
- May execute Master Scheduling Policies such as the establishment of time fences, safety stock quantities, lot sizes, and batch derivation conditions.
- Monitors product allocations and backorders, and is the point of contact for supply questions. When requested, provides same day updates on product availability, issues on the floor or in inspection and potential issues with future builds.
- Generates BO and PA reporting weekly, including categorization and recovery dates.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
- Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
- Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties .
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision-making.
- Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others work product.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirement: 0%
Must Have Minimum Qualifications (to be considered):
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Strong Excel skills is highly preferred
- CPIM certificate
- Lean/Six Sigma Belt certification
- knowledge and experience on Power BI and Power query/pivot
- Work experience in medical device industry.
- Project Management experience
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Team oriented, positive attitude.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Lets work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)