If you are passionate, creative, and want to thrive on the cutting edge of AI, then the Cortana team is where you need to be. Not only do we partner with product groups like Windows, Xbox and Skype, we work closely with Microsoft Research to contribute to the future of AI and machine learning. We are engineers, researchers, designers, writers, natural language and text-to-speech experts, thought-leaders and key influencers. We take seriously our responsibility to build an inclusive user experience; building inclusive teams is fundamental to that. Its an exciting time to be a part of the Cortana team, pushing the industry with one of Microsofts most unique products.
The backbone of a cutting-edge, AI-powered product is data. On the Cortana Metrics team, we use data to move fast, to make sure that our product is driving value, and make decisions that lead to success. We train models, find patterns and derive understanding, and exploit that understanding to make the product better and deliver more value to our customers. We simulate, analyze, refute and predict; and quite often have a significant impact on the product strategy. Were looking for someone to join our team.
The role is part data scientists, part product manager, and dedicated customer evangelist. Comfort with, statistics and probability, and at least one year working with scripting languages for data analysis (NUMPY, R, etc.) is a must. Strong candidates will be both highly technical and strategic, and are able to communicate with engineering teams as well senior leadership.Key capabilities:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Are able to break down complex business and technical problems into opportunities for analytical study.
- Have extensive knowledge in data science including expertise in one or more of: machine learning, big data/data mining, statistics, business/customer intelligence, data modeling, databases, data warehousing, bioinformatics, information theory, or a similar field.
- Are inherently curious, energized by large challenges, and interested in making a significant impact on a globally scaled business.
Nice to have:
- Have a deep expertise in data science with a strong understanding of analytic tools such as R, Python, RapidMiner, SAS, SPSS, & KNIME, and their use across a wide variety of data sets.
- Have hands-on experience with graph modelling and computational network models. Demonstrate strong communications and presentation skills, and the ability to work across teams, executives, and subject matter experts to drive results.
- Are a tenacious problem solver that is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or the equivalent. Masters a plus.
- Understanding of probability and statistics.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Analyst, or Data Scientist
- Excellent communication, collaboration and execution skills
- Customer empathy
- True passion for AI and technical challenges, with a hands-on approach to science
- True passion to the conversational assistants/chatbots space and their customers
- Strong self-learning ability, entering new domains, managing through uncertainty in an agile environment
- BSc in CS/EE or related areas is required
- Experience with Cosmos, Hadoop, or other Big-Data scripting languages
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D or M.S. degree in one of the following areas: Computer science, Data Science, Statistics, Physics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, etc.
- Understanding of Agile Software development practices and processes
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Microsoft - 30+ days ago - save job - original job