Recent events and new legislation across the cloud industry have highlighted just how important privacy is, especially as Azure scales to its ambitious revenue goals. GDPR was a major pivot point for Azure with engineering work for 600 products. As the Microsoft CTO for Data, Raghu Ramakrishnan, pointed out in a recent interview: GDPR support is the most important technology of 2018.
GDPR GA is the end of the beginning of a new Privacy era. Our privacy readiness presents enormous business potential for Azure to step forward as a true industry leader and a business enabler for Azure and its customers. Investments in privacy, security and compliance will be a key differentiator in Azure to win critical businesses in verticals such as Government, Financial services and Health via Microsofts motto built on trust .
If you are looking for technical disruption and are passionate about protecting Microsoft and customers assets in the cloud, Azure Global Privacy team has the right role for you (for both senior and principal levels)! The Azure Global Privacy team is looking for solid Program Managers who can define the vision and the roadmap for core Azure services. This position is highly visible with significant responsibility and large scope. Come join us and make Azure the most trusted cloud platform!
Skills, Knowledge and experiences:
- Partner with engineering, marketing, and field to deliver built-in capabilities that enable Azure Platform to be best of class in Privacy and Data Governance
- Influence product strategy, guiding the broader business and direction of platform with the next wave of trustworthy computing technology
- Manage key customer and partner engagements to cultivate customer success and customer-driven development
- Detail- and results-oriented, with demonstrated experience managing complex design and delivery of cloud services
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, with experience running cross-divisional projects
- Strategic thinker, with experience defining product strategy and roadmap for new technologies
- Familiarity with Azure or other cloud platform
- Experience in service engineering lifecycle and live site operation at internet scale.
- Knowledge of privacy and data governance technologies, such as encryption, access control, preferred
- Experience with threat management, incident response, risk management, privacy and compliance, preferred
- Knowledge of open source software and processes, preferred
- BS or Master s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of program management experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.