Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We manage internal pre-release adoption of Microsoft products and contribute valuable insights that improve the quality of our products before they re released to customers. We have a unique end-to-end view into the customer experience with Microsoft products which lets us influence cross-product integrated offerings to make Microsoft the strongest solution in the marketplace.
The person in this role is responsible for defining, driving, and implementing the Microsoft cross-product integrated vision and strategy for the product portfolio. In this role, you ll lead a virtual team composed of cross-product and IT teams. The team will plan and agilely adopt solutions from proof-of-concept through broad adoption. You ll build and gain insight through business intelligence, user experience studies, and lessons-learned to define the future user experience strategies for the enterprise. We re looking for a self-driven individual who enjoys learning new technologies and can drive the future potential of this technology across our environment. We re passionate about the intersection of user experience and technology, and committed to achieving new levels of user satisfaction and productivity. This position will partner closely with Microsoft engineering groups and have a direct impact on features and capabilities.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Partner across a broad set of IT and engineering group stakeholders to define the vision and strategy for the Microsoft enterprise to enable the aspirational experience for users and IT professionals.
- Actively define, plan and manage the implementation of enterprise client solutions that improve the user and IT pro experiences, and continuously refine the vision and strategy based on lessons learned, evolving industry trends, new technologies, and new Microsoft product offerings.
- Use a data-driven approach and complex data analysis to gain broad insights to identify opportunities to improve the products and services.
- Develop strategic goals and KPIs to monitor and measure the effectiveness of product and services improvements.
- Articulate the vision, strategy, and adoption status with senior leaders across Microsoft to gain support and commitment to invest in bringing the strategy to life.
- Build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies inside and outside of IT and Microsoft.
- Conduct competitive analysis and proactively research evolving technology trends and investigate and seek out new opportunities to advance the vision and strategy.
- Contribute to Showcase materials and customer engagements to drive adoption of Microsoft products.
Preferred, not required:
- Strong program management and business acumen combined with a sound technical foundation.
- Natural curiosity for new technologies.
- Experienced in leading and conducting complex data analysis to inform decisions.
- Highly determined with a creative and solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to think strategically to envision future enterprise technology needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
- Passion for the user experience.
- Seeks out challenges and continuously strives to advance solutions.
- Focuses on quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced services environment.
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.