Job ID : 15050
Job Title : Senior Python Developer
Location : Cary, NC
Company Name : Momento USA LLC
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $86,000 - $118,610 per year
Job Type : Contractor
Posted on: 2020-07-31
Required Skills : Hadoop, Spark, Python, Scala, BigData, React
You will help to build our surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. The workload for new deliveries is high, using, React for UI development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop Big Data, and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and statistical risk models.
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyze and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them, and support them in production.
- Design and develop an excellent and understandable server-side code. Work closely with users to gain feedback and ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers, and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing.
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test-driven development, write clean code, and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right.
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on. Contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level.
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it's needed
- Help your team build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
Skills and experience
- Senior developer skills utilizing Python fundamentals.
- Extensive experience of developing RESTful services using Flask or Django
- Extensive experience of modern Python libraries, including PySpark, Pandas NumPy, sci-kit-learn, etc.
- Good experience of container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Good experience of creating and manipulating data on a Hadoop environment using HDFS and Impala
- A background in designing and developing high-quality server-side processing in Python. An approach of ensuring code is robust, easy to navigate, and with reusable components.
- Practical experience of TDD and constant refactoring in a continuous integration environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (Oracle, Postgre SQL)
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise-scale development (CI/CD)
Extended ideal skills and experience:
- Experience in other programming languages, specifically Java and Scala would be helpful
- BDD, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- Knowledge gained in Financial Services environments, for example, products, instruments, trade lifecycles, regulation, risk, financial reporting or accounting