You can think of the Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) role as a Quality Assurance Test Automation Engineer that focuses first on tech-savvy design excellence, rational scientific experimental test design and measures, and applies good self-discipline and accountability in planning and execution. This will require good judgment in what high-value testing is, assessing and communicating risk, the creation of reusable templates for communication and modular code, ensuring that the test organization is building out reusable automated testing components, and exhibiting a personal behavioral style that is open, direct, creative, and helpful.
The SDET role will be expected to be knowledgeable in the software development process and the QA validation cycles. The SDET also to be constantly self-reflective and helpful to others as part of the Software Implementation teams such as Development, Design, and QA. This role works directly with lead engineers, designers, and product managers, and has strong experience in communicating across these functions as well as down into test organization and design across unit testing, integration testing, an end to end testing, performance analysis, positive/negative testing, cross-device testing, and project management. The SDET career path connects to both a QA Manager/Director management path or a Senior SDET specialist technical path, whichever interests the person more.
- Experience in Software development and validation process
- Ability to create unit, system, integration and functional test cases as part of QA validation process
- Knowledgeable in the REST and SOAP framework
- Exposure to Java programming
- Hands-on experience testing Speech applications
- Report QA status to Management as part of weekly/monthly reporting.
- Knowledge and Skills to speak/read on any of the International languages such as Spanish/French or others is a plus
Duties And Responsibilities
- Build a suite for automation testing to be stored in Github and using Jenkins for CICD
- Write automated tests for a speech application using 24/7 proprietary tools.
- Perform Continuous Integration automation testing processes using Jenkins
- Deliver clear test plans that include time, scope, resources, constraints, test scope, dependencies, risk, and responsibilities
- Four-year degree in computer science or engineering field. Or equivalent industry experience
- Four or more years professional experience writing software test automation.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
7.ai is redefining the way companies interact with consumers. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning to understand consumer intent, 7.ai s technology helps companies create a personalized, predictive and effortless customer experience across all channels. The world s largest and most recognizable brands are using intent-driven engagement from 7.ai to assist several hundred million visitors annually, through more than 1.5 billion conversations, most of which are automated. The result is an order of magnitude improvement in digital adoption, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth.