DataRobot changes the way users build and deploy highly accurate machine learning models.
What does it take to develop the highest quality data science product on the market? A hybrid testing strategy that combines humans and automation and gets the best of both worlds.
The QA Philosophy at DataRobot is Quality Assistance rather than assurance; as a result, the QA team focuses on empowering every engineering team to own the quality of their code and test coverage. Engineering teams, often with embedded QA engineers, own most test suites and collaborate to keep the overall system running smoothly. The QA team owns the infrastructure, tools, and testing methodology for the overall system and helps the engineering teams to spot critical gaps in interaction coverage.
We are looking for Senior or Lead QA engineers who enjoy being recognized experts in the overall system architecture, and designing and stewarding the systems which test that system end to end. We are also looking for technical QA engineers who are interested in helping to build a world class team around themselves.
As a Senior Quality Engineer / Lead, you will:
- Help drive the QA vision of DataRobot.
- Own the design, redesign (if necessary), implementation and ongoing operation of one or more of our end-to-end functional system testing frameworks
- Understand our system broadly, identify gaps and redundancies in our existing testing
- Own the analysis and design of the test coverage of our continuous deployment pipelines
- Own the design of our load testing and stress testing strategy and system
- Review test coverage and provide suggestions to improve the quality and cost efficiency of overall system testing.
Successful candidates will have a relentless passion for automation, end-to-end system testing, and continuous delivery. They will be self-directed, data driven, and always trying to improve themselves and their teammates.
- 5+ years of professional system and scale testing with enterprise software products
- Excellent Verbal and Written English Skills
- Technical Degree
- Expert understanding of test/quality domains (test plans, test cases, unit vs functional vs integration, automated vs manual, UI tests, etc).
- Expert understanding of testing best-practices; ability to write all unit, functional, and integration tests, and ability to provide guidance on tests to more junior engineers.
- Experience with modern development tools such as Jenkins / Git / Linux / Hadoop / Docker / AWS
- Experience developing performance and scale testing of distributed systems
- Experience with project management using scrum / agile techniques
- Python: Ability to understand stacktraces and find relevant source or test code
- Deep knowledge of at least one test automation framework (pytest, selenium, webdriver, etc) and one load testing framework (e.g. Load Runner, JMeter, etc)
- Team leadership and team building
Why work with us
- We are automating data science which is challenging and cool at the same time
- We are experiencing massive growth (doubling year on year) which opens up once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to help define how our engineering team collaborates
- We are funded by top tier investors
- We have a great working environment that is warm and friendly