Senior Scientist Bioinformatics
Agios Pharmaceuticals – Cambridge, MA
Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Informatics
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has one approved oncology precision medicine and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals is searching for a dynamic Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist to join our growing Informatics team. The Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist will be responsible for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), single-cell RNAseq, Drug Discovery and Translational genomic data analysis, interpretation, and reporting. This individual will provide Bioinformatics and Genomics support from study design to data analysis and communication of results to various project teams. The candidate is expected to drive projects by translating Bioinformatics analysis results into decisions in experimental steps and program directions.
- Be the champion and owner of genomic studies and data interpretations in Agios project teams.
- Be a key contributor to the identification of novel cancer targets and patient selection strategies, for both Discovery and Translation stages of Agios programs.
- Performing NGS and single-cell RNAseq study design, data processing and analysis, building analysis pipelines, and setting up databases and web portals for result retrieval and visual/graphic display of Agios internal and external published genomic studies.
- Analyzing various screening data: cell line and in vivo, shRNA/CRISPR, and drug screenings, including combination studies.
- Conducting scientific presentations for internal/external audiences.
- Supervise external CRO analysts.
- D. in Computational Biology, Biology, Statistics, or a related field, with at least 5 years of working experience in Drug Discovery and/or Translational setting, preferably in Oncology and/or Immunology with publication records.
- Demonstrated ability to translate Bioinformatics analysis results into new Biological insights, experimental verification proposals, and program decisions.
- Experienced, and proficient with, processing and analysis of next-generation
sequencing (NGS) and microarray platforms (expression, methylation, and SNP arrays).
- Familiar with TCGA, cell line and in vivo shRNA/CRISPR screening data structure and result interpretation.
- Experienced with drug screening data analysis and combination synergy predictions.
- Strong hands-on programing skills are essential: especially R/Bioconductor and/or Python, Unix & cluster computing programming and pipeline development.
- Hands-on experience on data visualization tools (Plotly, R-Shiny, Dash, Spotfire, etc).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a small team with minimal supervision.
- Working experience in Translational Science and handling of patient genomic data is preferred.
- Experience and/or training in Immunology is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time