Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, located in Boston, MA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Scienict will conduct analyses on large scale mass spectrometry based metabolomic data to test hypotheses and interpret biological findings in the context of disease biology. They will develop customized analytical strategies and pipelines for the interpretation of metabolomic data using both commercial and open source software. They will support and drive validation, replication and identification of novel disease associated metabolites using a variety of mass spectrometry, fractionation, genetic and functional genomic approaches. The Senior Scientist will engage heavily with therapeutic area biologists to drive understanding of metabolite pathway and context, hypotheses for target identification and biomarker research.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline with at least 3yrs of related experience in a MS-based metabolomics or proteomics research environment is required
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred
- Excellent knowledge and experience with mass spectrometry-based proteomics, metabolomics or lipidomics data analysis, open sources programs, commercial software and public data resources is required
- Proficiency in working in UNIX/LINUX (Perl, Python, etc,), statistical/mathematical software (R/MATLAB or equivalent) is preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms and pipelines for the processing proteomics, metabolomics or lipidomic data is preferred
- Familiarity with Cardiovascular, Diabetes & Metabolism research and biology, target identification and therapeutic development is preferred
- Knowledge of biological mechanisms and application of computational biology methods (preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry) is preferred
- Prior experience working with external partners and ability to evaluate data science platforms involving AI, NLP, etc is preferred
- Ability to write manuscripts for publication and has maintained a record of high-quality peer reviewed publications and oral presentations in a relevant field
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is preferrred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)