What youll be doing...
As our Lead Developer, you will be a hands-on engineering SME with deep software architecture and programming skills, and DevOps/SDLC platform and tooling experience. In this role, you will work closely with teams to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices by providing deep technical guidance. You will be responsible for driving and accelerating learning by using immersive learning tools to improve operational efficiencies.
- Specialize in the Middle Layer for developing highly scalable, reliable, secure and high performance solutions that enable development teams to move faster.
- Specialize in the GUI components to provide intuitive and friendly User experience.
- Specialize in DB design with deep understanding of Normalization forms and Migration activities including ETL tools.
- Specialize in the Unix shell scripting with intent to do automation of backend processes, data loading, maintenance, performance monitoring, alerting mechanisms.
- Reduce security threats with dependable & reliable security tools & software applications.
- Develop systems and applications using complex algorithms to deliver business functions or architectural components.
- Drive strategy, patterns, (and working code) for how we apply Cloud native development & test automation practices across Verizon.
- Drive innovation by assessing, piloting, building services to improve overall developer experience and productivity.
- Be a subject matter expert in the Automation space and has a strong understanding of the roadmap, trends and industry practices.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
What were looking for...
You ll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience on Java and knowledge of design patterns.
- Two or more years of experience on Spring Boot and Microservice Architecture.
- Scripting experience in Perl, Python, Shell, Node.JS, PL/SQL.
- Relational Database modelling and Management including Oracle, SQL server, PostgreSQL, SQL, JDBC.
- Two or more years of experience in the Data Migration including but not limited to Extract, Transform and Load.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experienced in Micro services, web services, restful, SOAP and XML Services.
- Application development frameworks like Spring, Hibernate and AngularJS.
- Application Servers such as Tomcat, Websphere and Weblogic.
- Experience on specialization in linux command line tools and bash shell scripting.
- SDLC tools like Maven, Ant, SVN/Git and Jira.
- Web Services and API testing tools like SoapU.
- Two or more years of RESTful API development.
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat or Debian variants), Mac OS X, Windows.
- Three or more years of application development experience.
- Ability to guide/lead teams and individuals toward beneficial outcomes.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment technologies such as: Cruise Control, Continuum, Jenkins CI, and Artifactory.
- Experience with test-driven development frameworks for application and infrastructure code.
- Experience with logging and reporting solutions such as: Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana (ELK), Grafana, or Splunk.
- Knowledge of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
- Knowledge of Wireless RF Engineering basics.
When you join Verizon...
Youll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering Americas fastest and most reliable network, were leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but were about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.