This position is a member of the Mastercard Data Warehouse team focusing on development of Java Suite of applications.
- Participate in full Agile development life cycle (User stories, design and other technical artifacts, test strategy & design, performance benchmarking, deployment, estimates).
- Ensure software designs align with Mastercard’s Enterprise Architecture and leverage our enterprise services, and product development meets Mastercard’s business needs.
- Ensure development teams use the appropriate Mastercard standard development methodologies and follow our technology standards, and that all projects and development are appropriately documented.
- Ensure that software and system design and delivery support the goal of zero down time in production.
- Work closely with business partners on product definition, product roadmaps, business case development, and overall direction for the team.
- Respond to operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services.
- Ensure development supports all appropriate certifications and compliance requirements, including those for PCI, GLBA, Safe Harbor, and others.
- Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture, and providing functional guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers
- Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team
- Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with building Spring boot applications, REST API’s.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
All About You
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Excellent Communication skills required to interact across multiple organizational levels of internal and external customer groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems
- High-energy, detailed-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building with a solid track record for developing internal and external
- Experience in the following is desirable but not mandatory: Web Services – API (RESTFul), Angular JS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), CI/CD, UNIX (Shell, awk scripting), XML/ XSLT, CSS
- Experience with various tools (Jenkins/ Maven, GIT, IntelliJ, Remedy, JUnit) and Agile Scrum methodology
- Full stack engineering experience in a production environment
- Analytical and Problem-solving
- Ability to operate effectively independently
The Mastercard Business Intelligence application development team is engaged in working with new and innovative technologies to build business solutions that keep Mastercard positioned as a leader in delivering value added business analytics and reporting solutions to our diverse customer base. We work collaboratively with our product partners and other technical teams to continuously improve and enhance our existing products and drive new products to the global marketplace.
Have you ever supported a global market?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Have you participated on a team of diverse skills and experience?
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.