The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer to design and build software solutions across CNBCs Digital Platform. The Software engineer role focuses on Frontend development. The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery.
Heres how to tell if youre who were looking for:
- You consider yourself to be a top talent.
- You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
- You get excited about.
- You deliver high quality, production ready code.
- Youre not the person who waits for others to come up with solution.
- Youre interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science with a minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience is required.
- Extensive experience building enterprise level web frontend beyond just prototypes.
- Expert experience building applications in React-Redux.
- Strong skills in styling web applications using CSS 2/3, SASS
- Experience building applications using ReactJS, Redux, SASS, ES6, JSX, Babel, Apollo GraphQL and NodeJS technologies.
- Knowledge with Performance, Scalability, Security, Enterprise System Architecture, and Engineering best practices
- Experience working on large scale, high traffic websites a plus.
- Solid understanding of core programming principles, design patterns.
- Experience building mobile web applications
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
- Proactive personality with a proven track record exhibiting ownership, and
Your Day to Day Includes:
- Design and Build Software Solutions across CNBCs Digital Web Platform
- Hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise in frontend web development, especially in React-Redux, Node.js, HTML5.
- Working closely with your peers in Product and Design to innovate on current and future product offerings
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews
- Helping to ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborating with the team to ship new features quickly
CNBC Digital Technology and Product
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. Its our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCUs vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. Its what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network s 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC s global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversals policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.