Senior Software Engineer - Web Developer
Fidelity Investments – Durham, NC
Were looking for a passionate, inquisitive, self-driven, fast paced full stack software engineer with knowledge on a wide range of web technologies to join the Workplace Consultings Product and New Technology Team.
Our software engineers play a key role on our team, making the ideas we research and refine through user testing come to life by building prototypes and iteratively evolving them into scalable products. We use modern technologies and are always open to improving our tools and our process.The Team
Fidelity Workplace Consulting is a fee-for-service organization that supports Fidelity clients through customized solutions focused on enhancing their benefit plans. The team is comprised of some of the industrys top talent and is adept at focusing solutions that add value to our clientsThe Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. Youll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Are a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask Why and What if ?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Have a mindset of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyones job.
- Minimum of 4 years of software engineering development experience.
- Solid hands-on experience working with Node.js, NPM, Asynchronous Programming, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Java, J2EE, Oracle, MySQL or MariaDB, Maven or Ant, Git, REST, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat
- Solid experience with the Agile (Scrum or Kanban) methodology, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Solid experience with writing automated tests (unit, integration, etc.), and experience following Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Experience designing for distributed architectures
Any combination of the following is a plus:
The Value You Deliver
- Experience on Python scripting
- Experience or exposure to PCF, Docker, AWS, and other cloud technologies like EC2, S3, VPCs, CloudFront, on-demand instances
- Experience on Automation Tools/Frameworks (JUNIT, Jasmine, Selenium, Protractor)
- Experience on Windows and Linux systems including administration, Bash scripting and automation
- Hands-on experience with the API Design & Development and Micro Services Architecture
- Quadient experienceis a plus
- Daily activities will involve designing, development, automated testing, meeting with technology peers (including architecture) to work through technical designs, supporting other developers on the team with their deliverables, and participating in Agile ceremonies (Daily Stand up, Backlog grooming, Retrospective meetings)
- Gathers requirements and runs or participates in the systems design effort.
- Develop maintainable standard and scalable solutions. Ensure the junior team members follow the same principles.
- Adhering to project timelines, addressing and resolving technical issues.
- Fosters teamwork/motivation and spirit of collaboration with project team and business and systems partners
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive
workplace where we respect and value
our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.