Position Sumary ARC is searching for a Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will review project documentation (requirements/user stories, designs) to create, present, and maintain automation test plan documents. You will break down test scope and indentify automation opportunities. Additionally, you will coordinate automated testing across multiple projects and environments.
You will create, update, and execute test scripts, identify, create, and maintain test data sets, identify improvements, provide support, and ensure adherance to quality automation standards. You will maintain required automated test documentation and reporting. You will work in cross-functional teams with development and collaborate with all project team members in a productive way.
You will be based at our Tampa, FL office or at our metro-accessible headquarters in Arlington, VA.
ARC boasts a culture of collaboration and high performance while focusing on driving the technology to help shape the travel industry. Come innovate with us!
What You ll Get to Do:
- Review and interpret requirements/user stories, and design documents to gain an understanding of the application(s) or areas assigned to derive automated test scope, strategy, functional and performance scripts. This includes determination and creation of test data sets.
- Participate on cross-functional teams / multi-site meetings and initiatives, ensure the interdepartmental integration of the automation function for software test planning. Contribute to project discussion and provide expertise on feasibility of functionality and testability of ideas and requirements. Coordination of testing across multiple projects and environments to ensure streamlined automated testing, minimize redundancy and reduce risk or erroneous defects.
- Assist DevOps with continuous integration. Exercise good judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Write complex functional scripts from the analysis of requirements and design documents. Write and execute simple to highly complex SQL statements. Automated test execution for functional verification, system integration, and backend validation.
Create and present scripts that meet the project goals and department strategies.
- Recommend automation improvements as needed. Define and maintain automation standards.
- Provide automated testing baseline and LOEs for more complex projects and changes, as determined by project needs. Breakdown LOE and allocate to testing tasks as input to project plan.
You ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, engineering or Math; Masters Degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer
- Experience in QA tool administration. I.e. Application Lifecycle management, JIRA and/or Confluence
- Experience in automated frameworks and metrics
- Experience in Data verification and reports testing; i.e. Jasper, Tableau
- Experience in Data ETL and Enterprise Data Warehouses; i.e. Talend, Snowflake
- Experience in DevOps and Test Driven Development
- Experience testing in a Cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience in both functional and performance automated testing; JMeter experienced a plus
- Expert knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and automated testing tools. I.e. Selenium, Jenkins
- Familiar with Windows, UNIX and/or Linux environments
What We Can Offer You:
- Our team is motivated, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, we embrace challenges, and we explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the flexibility at ARC that allows them to truly balance their professional lives and personal lives.
- We offer a highly competitive, progressive benefits package and hands-on learning and development opportunities.
- For more than half a century, ARC has been a trusted provider of settlement services, settling more than $86 billion in transactions between airlines and travel agencies each year.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply