We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world come find yours.
Global Operations Strategy, Planning and Design
One of Uniteds newest departments, GOSPD handles premium services, ground experience, program management, customer analytics and insights, customer service innovation, and more.
Job overview and responsibilities
As a Senior Staff Representative of CSD Communication, this role is responsible for supporting our teams mission to be the drivers of succinct, engaging, effective and timely (including proactive) communications to enable our frontline employees to confidently and effectively serve our customers. This includes working with team members to create and deliver communications as well as engaging and effective creative to support the key initiatives and ad hoc communication requests. Along with the team, these positions will also work with our internal partners in Airport Operations, Contact Center, Inflight Services, Catering Operations and other internal support groups to support communications throughout a customers travel journey in-airport, on board the aircraft, during flight, and during irregular operations.
- Create, edit, manage and publish operational communications while working in partnership with internal business partners to deliver relevant, effective and timely information to our operational teams.
- This includes quick-turn on-demand communications including off-hour communications in the event of outages, emergencies and the like.
- This will include execution of integrated communication plans that may include any or a combination of email, web/CMS, print, briefings, announcements, and/or signage.
- Communications should achieve established objectives in alignment with corporate and CSD Communications goals, corporate culture, and company style/voice
- Manage timeline, scope and effectiveness of communication plans
- Produce email communications either using MS Outlook or an email distribution platform
- Partner with authors within the team or business stakeholders to gather appropriate content
- Publish and manage communications on internal resources including our company intranet (Flying Together) and operational policy and procedures content management systems (CORE, Aero CMS)
- Create and edit graphics, images, videos for use in our communications while adhering to company brand style-guide
- Create or edit graphics or web pages in company intranet (Flying Together)
- Report and update daily / weekly project status either in SharePoint, Excel or Trello for all projects
- Project management experience
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to handle several projects at a time
- Highly effective while delivering quality in a fast-paced environment
- Execution and process oriented, forward thinking, diligent and creative
- Bachelor s degree in Communications or related field
- 4 years of communications experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven ability to manage multiple communication channels
- Trustworthy with confidential company information
- 2 years email and web graphic design experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT