Senior Supply Manager - Food Safety & Commercialization
United Airlines Inc. – Chicago, IL
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world come find yours.
The Catering Operations team develops, creates and provides the great dining experiences on board our aircraft.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Manager Supply Food Safety will lead the Meal Commercialization, Supply Verification and Internal Assessment programs under the Global Food Safety Program for United Catering Operations. This role will develop, implement and maintain a commercialization program for new meals, an FDA compliant supply approval program and the Untied Catering owned kitchen internal assessment program. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of the material hazard analysis for over 3,500 food products sourced both locally and globally , and the design and implementation of the supply and internal assessment program.
- Develop and oversee the hazard analyses for United menus utilizing a risk-based strategy to assess and mitigate foreseeable biological, chemical and physical hazards that can jeopardize the quality and safety of food products
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the supply chain preventive control program for all ingredients and direct contact materials (including plates, utensils etc.) for both domestic and global markets
- Develop, implement and maintain the corporate food safety policies and procedures for FSMA and FSSC22000 compliant programs that support the supply verification, meal development and internal audit programs
- Develop, implement and maintain the commercialization of new products, working with Chefs to ensure material specifications are developed and delivered to kitchens in a manner that supports the supply verification program and material hazard assessment
- Provide critical support in allergen identification and labeling
- Provide technical assistance and support, acting as a liaison between kitchens and suppliers/distributors in the case of out of specification or complaint situations
- Develop and report supply (contract kitchen and materials) monitoring and KPI reporting
- 5+ years experience in managing supply verification programs, internal audit program development and maintenance and commercialization for new products
- BSC or Masters in Food Science or related degree with extensive experience in supply verification programs and leading audits.
- HAACP Certification, PCQI Qualification,FSSC22000 Lead Audit Certified
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with personnel, customers, suppliers and other business contacts
- Knowledge of FDA/FSMA and USDA requirements for food production facilities
- Knowledge of food microbiology and materials hazard analysis
- Knowledge of auditing and supply verification programs
- Knowledge of new product commercialization
- Knowledge of internal audit program design and implementation
- Able to work in a fast-paced continuous production environment across multiple shifts
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically - 50%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- 5 plus years experience in the management of these programs
- Program and Process Management experience in highly complex operations
- experience with FDA/USDA audits
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT