Senior Systems Administrator
PerkinElmer – Waltham, MA
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years system administration experience.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Sound technical understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Understanding of VMware ESX architectural concepts and administration tasks
- Experience with SAN/NAS (EMC)
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
- Office 365, Exchange/SharePoint Online competency.
- Understanding of Microsoft services such as IIS, DHCP, AD, GPO, PowerShell and DNS.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of Linux and cloud automation would be a plus.
- Good understanding of general business operations and needs.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to execute assigned tasks swiftly, efficiently, and qualitative
- Become a trusted resource to the management team.
- Identify needs, propose solutions, and resolve problems.
- Proactive approach to solving technical, process and business relationships
- Install, configure, update, patch and troubleshoot various physical and virtualized operating systems
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Quickly learn new technologies to professional level skill
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Assist with configuration/implementation of cloud based services.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice