Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,800 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though thats a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and were looking for great employees to join us!
Community Brands is on a mission to be the global Engagement Suite behind the success of associations and non-profit organizations. To deliver on that mission, our Infrastructure Services Group needs strong technologists to create and operate innovative, large-scale enterprise platforms and infrastructure services.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (Cloud) to join our Cloud Platforms team. As part of this team, you will provide important hands-on leadership as we design, implement, and operate the public, private, and hybrid cloud platforms that enable our product groups to solve for problems at global scale. Your daily job responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that service components under management are monitored 24x7 for availability, capacity, and performance
- Drive the team to complete projects and work-streams in a professional manner including achievement of on-time/on-budget goals and frequent project status updates
- Creating the appropriate documentation for our systems, including architecture and network diagrams and support procedures
- Leading incident response teams as necessary to mitigate and deal with adverse events affecting our infrastructure
- Define and prioritize service automation work in line with the wider infrastructure and corporate strategy
- Architect and design solutions that will live within Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
The ideal candidate will:
- Have considerable hands-on experience designing, building, and operating solutions within one of the primary public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Be a self-starter able to work productively either alone or in collaboration with a team
- Have a deep understanding of server/system architecture ranging from the high level to the low level
- Have a customer-oriented mindset
- Bring strong systems thinking to the table, with an innate ability to see patterns and simplify the complex
- Demonstrate phenomenal trouble-shooting skills
- Possess strong collaboration and communication skills
- Know how to lead teams through adversity and critical incidents
- Know how to architect for scale, for resiliency, for reliability, for security, and for performance
- S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems (MCS, MIS) or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on, expert-level experience designing and supporting complex, 24x7, mission-critical hosted solutions
- 2+ years of cumulative experience specifically related to design and operations of systems within Azure, AWS, or GCP and one of the public cloud certifications.
- Relevant professional certifications with system and cloud engineering, including:
- Azure: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), etc.
- AWS: Certified Developer, SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect etc.
- GCP: Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect, etc.
- Prior architecture experience involving:
- VMWare and HyperV virtualization technologies
- Data center migration to public cloud
- Setup, config, and usage of monitoring technologies in the cloud:
- New Relic
- DataDog Etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps and Infrastructure as Code approaches, tools, and strategies
- Experience with writing scripts and implementing automation
Good People, Doing Good Things:
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Unlimited Planned Paid Time Off
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities