BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
More About This Role:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to work with a technically diverse team that develops software based signal processing applications. Join Team CACI to work with a diverse team of individuals on the BITS program
What Youll Get To Do:
- As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for engaging in design, development, test and delivery of Electronic Warfare and Counter UAS systems.
- You will be working within multi-disciplinary hardware, software, system integration, and data analysis/collection teams who are creating systems in support of the Department of Defense and other Government agencies.
- You will translate customer requirements into technical requirements and specifications while coordinating our cross-functional development team to ensure we continue to deliver timely and impactful products to our customers,.
- Participate in field test events as necessary.
- Work closely with Hardware and Software Engineering teams to ensure execution of near and long term technical objectives
- Work with and lead coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams
- Own systems engineering processes
- Manage risks, identify issues, and develop mitigation plans
- Develop briefings to support and lead engineering design reviews such as System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) and Program Management Reviews (PMRs)
- Develop and/or gather information to generate technical documents and reports necessary for Contract Delivery
- Assist with engineering tradeoff analysis and develop Course(s) of Action (COAs) using existing constraints/guidelines
- Spearhead continuous process improvement projects
You ll Bring These Qualifications:
- A Secret clearance is the minimum requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- A bachelors degree in Systems Engineering or other Engineering, Math, or Physics from an accredited University with minimum 5 years of professional experience ideally with the DoD or DoD Contractors
- Systems Engineering experience inclusive of design, development, integration, testing and deployment of a hardware/software system or subsystem for one or more customers
- Demonstrated experience running the technical execution of concurrent projects, including technical leadership, planning, organizing, and reporting through all phases of the projects
- Experience conducting and documenting analysis of alternatives and trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making
- Working knowledge of system engineering fundamentals (e.g. V-model and DoD architectural framework)
- Collaborative team-centric mindset and willingness to learn and grow and stretch beyond normal comfort zones and have fun doing it
- Strong physics, mathematical, and statistical background
- Strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and willingness to mentor
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Exposure to standard DoD System Engineering Process and terms such as Interface Control Documents (ICDs), System/Subsystem Design Documents (SSDD), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Program Management Review (PMR)
- Exposure to unmanned or manned C4ISR systems and or principles
- Exposure to GPS systems/INS Systems
- Exposure to SIGINT Systems
- Exposure to networking principles and or experience working with classified networks
- Basic understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) principles
- Exposure and or interest in Project Management PMP and experience with EVMS
- SEBoK certification (ASEP or CSEP)
What We Can Offer You:
- Weve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nations highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACIs unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.