Job Id : 5798
Jobtitle : Senior Systems Engineer
Location : Talent, OR
Company Name : Cumins
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $78,000 - $97,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-10-18
Required Skills : MS Office, Systems Design, Battery Development, ESW, IDFMEA, FIRG, Problem Solving Skill
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,Life Insurance
- This product focused position performs established technical tasks at the product and cross-business integration level for current and future products within a given business unit or corporate area.
- This involves work across many steps in the product life cycle. Because of the product centered nature of this position, they are very often a central point of coordination and decision making between product engineers, product line engineers, customer teams, purchasing, suppliers and manufacturing.
- Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, other product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to quality product decisions.
- Applies academic knowledge and existing experience to take action and make decisions that progress projects forward without sacrificing project quality expectations. Examples of these decisions include day to day project details, analysis or test work instruction details, coordination across discipline areas, etc. that are necessary to make quality progress.
- Applies and improves processes such as ESW, iDFMEA, FIRG and tools such as 7-step problem solving, design review checklist and other specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
- Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
- Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
- Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience min 5 years in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
- Requirements Engineering - Understands the basic terminology used in requirements engineering.
- Systems Definition and Design - Understands the basics of the system design process including requirements allocation and architecture definition, capability determination through system modeling and testing.
- Product Integration, Verification & Validation - Understands the basics of integration, verification, and validation concepts including component testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, test planning and documentation, and test environment.
- 5 plus year experience in one of the above areas
- This role is an individual contributor in systems engineering for Li-ion battery development.
- It's a hands-on role with a focus on physical validation testing of hardware and software.
- Relocation to Talent, Oregon required
- Knowledge of electric vehicle applications, including lithium-ion battery systems, is highly preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.