Zenius Corporation is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to work on an upcoming project in multiple federal agencies, the selected Engineer will be part of a team, working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Responsible for delivery and administration of Systems infrastructure and Cloud native, Containerization platform in support of business initiatives.
Specific activities and associated deliverables include:
understanding the current systems infrastructure and design for AWS Cloud migration and Containerization administration and configuration; be part of allocated team to assist in Product certifications, engineering reviews, project releases; automate administration tasks.
- Design and layout a plan and procedure for migrating VM based environments to AWS Cloud and Openshift containerization platform
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug infrastructure software including Java, J2EE, JBoss EAP, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, Oracle OSB, Apache, Tomcat, Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, RedHat Process Automation Manager, Fuse, Vertex, SpringBoot
- New Product(s) and version evaluation of Opensource, Cloud native, Middleware products and provide certified baseline for Application environments
- Determine hardware compatibility in context of hardware selection
- Provide ongoing complex, high-level enterprise technical support
- Develop solutions that are innovative, thorough, and practical
- Proficient in problem determination, troubleshooting, root cause analysis
- Act as primary interface between Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering and technical stakeholders
- Support Environment Build and Delivery as per application requirements
- Lead and assist team with Middleware upgrades and keep environments run with supported versions
- Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters and coordinate across organization lines
- Identify and recommend process improvements from time-to-time
- Automate Cloud Migration tasks using required automation tools -Unix Shell-scripting, Python, Ansible etc.
- Provide support to multiple interfaces to diverse in-house developed and vendor-supplied applications
- Document and Provide technical guidelines and best practices to Operations, Integration and Development teams
- Good understanding on system-level view of applications infrastructure components to help resolve issues in both Non-Prod and Production environments.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent discipline
- Typically requires 5-7 years of industry experience with DevOps, Cloud implementation products (Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, RedHat Process Automation Manager, Fuse, SpringBoot, Vertex) in Linux/ Solaris/Windows platforms
- Understanding of Middleware technology Apache, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, OSB technologies
- Experience with Messaging (JMS), and High-Availability technology - real time trouble shooting of Fail-Over and stand-by issues
- Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best practices for a large Middleware environment
- Implementation experience of Security using SSL, Keystores, SHA2, LDAP etc.
- Must have experience with Web Servers and Application Servers
- Application development, integration experience using Microservices is definitely a plus
- Good understanding of Databases - Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and Monitoring tools (Splunk, Nimsoft, etc.)
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience with Unix shell, Perl, WLST scripts and Ansible, Puppet to perform middleware automation and Cloud Migration tasks
Key Expectations (Personal Competencies):
- Champion and influence technology decisions
- Establishes and maintains relationships with peers
- Demonstrates characteristics of approachability, team player, and enthusiasm
- Looks to find common ground and get cooperation when dealing with conflict
- Be a champion for process improvements, fostering innovative thinking, engaging key stakeholders
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish
- Work with a collaborative and inspirational style
- Embrace change and innovation, push boundaries of what is possible
- Have a strong technical background in past, present and future technologies
Headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, Zenius Corporation is a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and HUBZone certified small business.
Zenius Corporation is a very employee-oriented company. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: paid holidays and paid time off; medical insurance including health, vision, dental insurance. We also work with our employees on training and professional certification plans that benefit the employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Zenius Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Zenius complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Zenius Corporation expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- DevOps, Cloud implementation products (Docker, Openshift...): 5 years (Required)
- Middleware technology: 5 years (Required)
- SpringBoot, Vertex in Linux/ Solaris/Windows platforms: 5 years (Required)
- Apache, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, OSB technologies: 5 years (Required)
- IT Infrastructure and Monitoring tools Splunk, Nimsoft, etc: 5 years (Required)
- Databases - Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2: 5 years (Required)
- Kubernetes, RedHat Process Automation Manager, Fuse: 5 years (Required)