Senior Technical Program Manager, Alexa - Kendall Square/Cambridge, MA
Amazon.com Services, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
- 7+ years of experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- Product development experience
Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
Alexa is the cloud-based intelligent agent that powers the Echo, the ground breaking Amazon device designed around your voice.
The Alexa Speech Science team is looking for a customer focused Senior Technical Program Manager with skills that span research science, software engineering, product management and sheer vision. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
In this role you will:
- Work with a focused team of scientists and engineers to build out new products and features on Alexa
- Drive investments in improving accuracy of end-to-end voice experience quality across research and engineering teams
- Drive solutions from data dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions
Find opportunities to apply innovation across different customers, driving technology advances in core science and platforms
- Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding / Processing or other machine learning technologies
- Ability to write scripts and tools to access usage data and generate reports and analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven results from establishing and optimizing software engineering processes for different organizations/environments
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Fast learner on new technologies, especially machine learning approaches
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.