Who are we? Watch to find out!
THE OPPORTUNITY: We are seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Settlement Analyst to provide execution of the natural gas settlement accounting and related analysis activities for Koch Energy Services (KES). This position will require someone who has a passion for customer focus, influential problem-solving skills and enjoys learning and leveraging technology to transform efficiency and effectiveness. Settlement Analysts within Koch Energy Services are involved with business transactions and decisions and interact with a diverse group of people within accounting, information technology, trading, marketing, operations, risk, and other Koch companies. Additionally, you will gain a solid understanding of the company you support, including profit drivers, industry, competitors, and the market in which the business competes. This role will be an integral part of the business teams.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly settlement of physical and paper trading activity (Accounts Payable/Receivable)
- Coordinate with counterparties to resolve invoice reconciliation discrepancies proactively and timely with others across capabilities including scheduling and trading team to improve overall customer experience Assure accuracy and integrity of activity recorded in general ledger
- Assist with generation of invoicing statements and cash forecasting, communicating progress with settlements lead and accounting team
- Work within accounting team on responsibilities during busy times with cross training, ad-hoc reporting, audit inquiries, and process improvements
- Prepare regulatory filings for various government entities
- Develop an understanding of the market structure and build relationships with internal and external counterparties, traders, position managers, operations and other KES capabilities
- Reconcile commodity activity between facility statements and ETRM system to ensure data integrity, as well as communicating impacts to commercial and accounting teams
- Understand contract details, fees, rates, and payment schedules to ensure all items for payment are captured in a timely manner
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements around settlement and accounting processes using sustainable technology solutions
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with trading standards and other compliance requirements
- Assist with related projects and analysis
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required at times
What You Will Need:
- Experience with accounting knowledge of payables, receivables and inventory
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related degree OR Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or business with 3+ years experience in accounting or business
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel
- Strong analytical, critical and economical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills in a team-oriented, open workspace environment
- Ability to multi-task, grasp complex issues, as well as pay strict attention to details
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Working knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals in natural gas industry
- 1+ years Commodity Settlement experience
- Bachelor s or masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- OpenLink Endur or similar ETRM system experience
- Proven change agent and success with automation/ bot building, light IT skills
- Alteryx, Tableau, RPA (robotic process automation) experience
Want to learn more about KAES?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf