At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. Its how the best ideas come to lightand why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Shipping & Inventory Supervisor to join our Rod & Bar team at our Pueblo, Colorado locations. As a Shipping Supervisor you will be responsible for all shipping operations in the Rod/Bar Department. This position is accountable to the General Supervisor for the Rod and Bar Mill.
- Perform daily yard and equipment inspections with an eye for safety and productivity issues, coordinate with mill support groups to design and implement countermeasures.
- Conduct shift safety meetings, train employees on safe work practices, and conduct daily safe job observations
- Conduct daily tool box talks with shipping operators
- Use LEAN tools from the EVRAZ business system to engage employees to continuous improvement
- Schedule and maintain shift manpower for operations and training.
- Responsible for leading a diverse team of up to 10 individuals to meet daily delivery goals
- Work with vendors for low cost packaging solutions
- Coordinate daily with sales, shipping department, and railroad to manage truck and rail shipments
- Manage inventory and maintain auditable compliance for financial records
- Keep all railroad tracks clear, schedule road repairs, and maintain shipping yard in good condition
- Maintain necessary inventory of supplies, interface with storehouse and vendors as needed for resupply and trials
- Maintain and correct electronic and written records including; truck records, daily shipping schedules, and shift performance information
- Work with Manager Production Planning and Control to schedule steel/billets to the mill in accordance with sales order book
- Maintain KRONOS Pay System by reviewing, editing, and approving employee time cards daily
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the collective bargaining agreements and applicable company policies
- Conduct performance evaluations for probationary employees
- Write and issue Improvement Action Reports (IARs) as needed per company policy
- Process and document grievances as the first step in the grievance resolution process
- This position may be required to cross train into other supervisory roles within the Rod/Bar Department
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a team environment and professionally interact with all levels of our Company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Safety focused
- BS in Business, or a related-technical field or 3-5 years of leadership experience in a large continuous manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ORACLE and SQUIS systems and of LEAN business concepts and practices.
- Strong time management skills and good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must be able to work shifts as needed to ensure product shipment including nights and weekends as needed
- Experience working with heavy equipment and maintenance personnel
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions
All applicants must be legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
EVRAZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture steel. We also manufacture excellence, drive success and build careers for our employees. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common set of values and the same goal of creating the best possible solution for our customers.
In addition to a competitive wage and generous benefits package, our employees share in the Companys success through incentives like profit sharing. We provide opportunities for advancement and promote often from withinwhich means that a job at EVRAZ can take your career farther than you ever imagined.
With more than 4,500 team members in the U.S. and Canada, EVRAZ offers well-paying jobs and a comprehensive range of employee benefits. Our total compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program