General Responsibilities Responsible for transporting rental vehicles to and from rental locations, assisting in the servicing of rental vehicles, and performing various duties as requested.
- Transport rental vehicles to and from rental locations, vendors and/or auctions as directed.
- Clean and prepare rental vehicles for customer use (including washing, fueling, gassing, adding air and fluids and associated preparations); review inspection checklist to ensure vehicles are properly prepared and meet inspection criteria.
- Perform various errands and deliveries as requested.
- Assign and train subordinate personnel on shuttling procedures.
- Supervise and ensure that Shuttlers are operating vehicles in a safe manner and timely deliveries are made.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Mandatory Requirements Educational Background:
- High School diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- At least 6 months related experience.
- Must have a valid driver s license and excellent driving record
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of automobile mechanics.
- Ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to present a professional, enthusiastic attitude through effective communication skills to promote a positive impression of Dollar to customers and employees.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following such as sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting, climbing, driving, pushing and pulling, speaking, hearing, writing, lifting, typing, filing, seeing, and reading. Knowledge of equipment operation such as computer terminal and telephone is required.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.