SIMULIA Software Development Manager
Dassault Systèmes – Burlington, MA
Imagine new horizons... The PowerFLOW team at SIMULIA is seeking a software development leader with a proven track record to lead the team that develops our acoustics analysis product called PowerACOUSTICS.
You enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let us open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be? As the leader of the PowerACOUSTICS development team, you will work closely with various domain experts (especially acoustic engineers) to design and build intuitive user interfaces and to craft efficient implementations of the underlying calculations (sometimes by way of parallel processing). There will be a heavy emphasis on facilitating automation, including integration with both 3D visualization and our post-processing automation framework. This is a hands-on position leading a small team, so you will be making significant contributions to PowerACOUSTICS on many levels: technical, leadership, and project management. You will truly own the product, with ultimate responsibility for delivering new functionality. You will also have the opportunity to build your team to meet the ever-growing demand for acoustics related functionality.
The challenges ahead
- Hands-on leadership of the PowerACOUSTICS development team
- Work closely with the product management team and acoustics domain experts to define the strategy and roadmap for PowerACOUSTICS, as well as technical details of new functionality
- Produce functional and technical designs that balance customer needs and implementation concerns
- Implement new PowerACOUSTICS features and help maintain/evolve existing functionality
- Project management: manage schedules, milestones, delivery dates
- Work with QA to ensure that the software is thoroughly tested
Your Key Success Factors?
- Demonstrated experience leading successful software development projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Intellectual curiosity. If you dont enjoy developing an understanding of new technologies and problem domains, this isnt the job for you.
- MS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills and familiarity with STL
- Experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems
- Solid grounding in computer science theory
- Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit (ideally Qt) on Windows and/or Linux
- Experience with scientific programming
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills; Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
Additional Skills & Experience:
- Experience with one or more is a plus:
- C++11 features
- Usability concerns as they apply to user interface design
- Python scripting language
- Signal processing or other numerical analysis techniques