Site Reliability Engineer
Job ID : 27319
Location : Culpeper, VA
Company Name : Hanah Joseph
Job Type : Array
Industry : Engineering
Salary : $30 - $70 per hour
No. of Positions : 2-4
Required Skills : Bitbucket, Ansible. Linux, HP, Or Red Hat. Any Type Of Scripting. RHEL. Firewall, Some JAVA Knowledge,
Benefits : Array
Job Description :
In line with Division objectives and under the guidance of a manager, the Site Reliability Engineer develops the methods and measures of analysis based on customer and contractual obligations. They analyze the reliability in the design of company products and services and co-ordinates technical support/administration for moderate to highly complex systems/databases/applications for internal or external customers ensuring reliability requirements ranging from high to mission-critical. Additionally, they prepare reports, charts, and diagrams to disclose results and highlight areas for further investigation, and identify toil and leverage automation to help eliminate it.
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our production products and systems.
- Resolution of highly complex problem management issues through investigation and solution development for effective mitigation and prevention of future recurrence by means of process, procedure, or tools improvements.
- Execution of production installations including configuration setups, error message handling, and service verification and review of operational procedures in accordance with the established process.
- Design, develop, test and maintain automation tools for infrastructure and problem management analysis.
- Provide effective and detailed systems analysis that can contribute to the definition of throughput requirements, information and application data flows, hardware and software requirements, and alternative approaches.
- Actively lead and participate in design review meetings for medium to large size/complexity/risk projects.
- Participate in system/network projects/enhancements by representing the department and providing technical advice/ solutions ensuring adherence to documented processes and procedures and risk mitigation effort.
- Provide expert on-call support.
- Regular work on the weekends, mainly on Saturday, in support of production deployments.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and applications development in order to restore the availability of services and identify the root causes of complex problems.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching to less senior team members.
- Remain engaged in industry trends and best practices and share with others on the team and management.
- Steward reliability as a feature across the organization through concepts such as SLOs and service maturity.
- University degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar position in a technical support environment including software development/debugging and problem analysis in support of mission-critical applications and services
Professional Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong problem-solving orientation and skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with distributed systems with high availability requirements and balancing the service reliability, sustainability, and technical debt for services running at scale
- Demonstrated leverage of a methodical and analytical mindset during problem investigations and management of incidents
- Ability to work under pressure
- Comfort with RHEL and HP-UX
- Familiarity with configuration and deployment management software such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Analytics software such as Elastic and Kibana
- DB: Proficient working knowledge of Oracle DB
- Middleware: Tuxedo, MQSeries
- Public Key Infrastructure technologies
- Programming languages: Scripting languages, including ksh and Perl
- Exposure to languages such as C/C++ and Java.
- Network technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall, ADC, VPN
- Bitbucket, Ansible. Linux, HP, or Red hat. Any type of scripting. RHEL. Firewall, some JAVA knowledge, and experience working within multiple environments, including production. Must understand the full life cycle of production: development, testing, and deployment.
Note: This role requires participation in some Saturday work.