Join the company that has been changing the way the world works for 100 years!
TWIN DISC, Inc. has a proud history of engineered transmission and propulsion solutions for equipment that fuels the world, feeds the globe, and creates our societies infrastructures. Through the ingenuity of our employees, weve built a strong company that is respected throughout the world and is a leader in the markets we serve. We are currently looking for a Skilled Mechanical Assembler on 2nd shift.
The Assembler is responsible for performing the assembly of complex transmissions according to established specifications and instructions from start to finish from a blueprint, schematic and/or work instructions.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Read and understand various gauges: Micrometer, Vernier, etc. required.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic press desired.
- Experience with transmission or motors is desired.
- Powered Industrial vehicle experience desired.
- Desire Lean and/or Gemba Board experience.
Essential Job Duties:
- Study, read and understand the schematic diagrams, blueprints, product manuals and process documents.
- Perform complex and advanced assembly of transmissions according to established specifications and instructions.
- Perform precision calibration and advanced adjustments using testing instruments with instructions.
- Follow assembly procedures to promote production of quality products.
- Ensure all records are maintained according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubricating.
- Conduct product testing and performance testing and record the results.
- Perform final checks and adjustments for any defect to ensure high quality products.
- Perform installation, repair, inspection, rebuilding, replacing, refitting and adjusting products as required.
- Operate powered lifting and industrial vehicles
- Participate in Lean and Gemba
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for completing new requests; exploring opportunities to add value through process improvements and efficiencies.
Strong attention to detail, knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, excellent problem solving skills, communication, willingness to learn, and teamwork skills.
The deadline for submitting a resume is July 17, 2019 or until a qualified candidate is selected.
Twin Disc Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.