Staples – Framingham, MA
- Architect Software Engineers eCommerce partner with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the eCommerce platform. This position focuses on the design, development, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce business solutions.
- This position leads engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Design, develop and support eCommerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Solves project risks and tactical problems involving complex technical issues across multiple disciplines and work effectively to mitigate them
- Lead eCommerce product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team member
- Investigates new design and/or analytical methodologies, techniques, and tools and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures optimal application performance within area of technical and application expertise. Assesses and recommends solutions to maintain overall application health.
- Works with engineering management to develop departmental business models, technical strategies, implementation strategies and architectures.
- Maintains a profound understanding of engineering and business domain strategies.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Experience in large scale software/web services design, including an understanding of object-oriented design patterns and building for fault tolerance and data durability
- Solid Linux proficiency
- Proven track developing and deploying substantially complex websites
- Server-side development and database experience is critical (JSON-based REST APIs, Java, Couchbase, Mongo, MySQL, Spring)
- Strong knowledge in writing web services (SOAP/ REST / XML/ JSON) and web application development.
- Knowledge and experience in NoSQL database systems including Couchbase, Mongo and Redis
- Understands the importance developing solutions that meet operational goals and are supportable in a large-scale production system
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.