Noblis is hiring a Software Architect to support a mission out of Hanscom AFB.
The Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) is a weapons system which produces military intelligence collected by systems such as: the U-2 Dragonlady, RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-9 Reaper and MQ-1 Predator. It consists of computer hardware and software connected together in a global communications architecture, devoted to processing and dissemination of information such as images. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with an Architecture team of system engineers, technical leads and Government Managers from multiple organizations and at different geographic locations.The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with strong communication, organizational, and time management skills. The ability and experience to work effectively in a collaborative manner within a diverse team of contractors and Government representatives across DoD and the IC is absloutely critical to this architecture position.
- Experience and in depth understanding of architecture solutions for DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) modernization efforts. Experience specifically with modular open systems architecture, application development, integrating and deploying enterprise scale applications to production.
- Be able to support analysis, design, development and delivery of enterprise models in AF DCGS open architecture meeting joint interoperability certification requirements. Use systems engineering processes to assess opportunities for interoperability and integration of enterprise ISR systems
- Experience in government IT strategy, projects, and programs. Able to develop new ideas, develop strategic relationships and be able to demonstrate understanding of both DoD and IC organization and related system architectures including cloud technologies
- Knowledge or experience with the following or equivalent technologies:
- AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Elastic Compute Cloud, Amazon S3/ Simple Cloud Storage Service.
- Knowledge of Java, Apache, RDBMS, no SQL, Hadoop, Web Services, XML, REST, SOAP. Solr Catalog, ActiveMQ, jSON, JQUERY, jDBC.
- Understanding and experience with agile software development best practices specifically SAFe, DevOps and agile sprint planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline (Master s degree preferred) plus 5 years of technical experience in software and system development
- Develop solution architectures leveraging AWS and C2S cloud including storage, networking, compute, and security services using best practices and a thorough understanding of AWS technology offerings
- Track record of implementing cloud services in a variety of distributed computing environments, integrating those services with on-premise technologies, and identifying the relationships between services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
- Experience collaborating in a DevOps environment and using Atlassian Suite products (JIRA, BitBucket and Bamboo). Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Red Hat Openshift
- DoD or IC Systems Program Office ISR systems engineering, achitecture, integration and related software and systems strongly preferred
- Experience with Architecture tools such as Cameo and Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Certified Solution Architect, Professional or Associate Architect from AWS preferred; Microsoft Azure also acceptable
- Networking skills, experience with network security and monitoring, data center consolidation a plus
- Knowledge of UML, Visio and PowerPoint 6. Knowledge of IDE such as Eclipse.
- Compliance with DoD Directive 8570/8140 IAT Levl II or higher (Sec +, CISSP, etc) a plus
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company? Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
- Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions.
- Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions