Job Id : 14906
Jobtitle : Software Developer
Location : Sarasota, FL
Company Name : Oliphant USA
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $52,000 - $92,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-07-16
Required Skills : Python, CSharp, SQL, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving Skills
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,Life Insurance
The Software Developers duties will include managing systems performance, providing tech support, reviewing, and updating existing programs, identifying, and fixing defects, supporting data architecture, generating reports, developing in-house software, and mitigating potential risk.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Encodes project requirements by converting workflow information into computer language.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests, modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares references for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Train computer users
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- The duties of this position are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Management is authorized to assign other duties at any time and the employee may be assigned, temporarily or regularly, to another position at any time
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organizations strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Technical Skills - Understanding of metric reporting and analysis, collections flow management, information technology.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate individuals in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot tiny errors or inconsistencies in code
- Must have excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate through Version Control and issue tracking systems
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C#, SQL and more
- Up to date on the latest software innovations and committed to continually building on existing knowledge and skills
- Exemplify superior time management skills and capable of working productively with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow directions closely and accurately
- A desire to innovate and create cutting edge programs
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines, adapt to change and manage multiple priorities
- Regular & punctual attendance at work to enable in-person supervision of collection efforts.
- A person of high integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate effectively within the guidelines of the Company and applicable Federal and State law
- Ability to work in a team environment successfully
- Meticulous documentation skills
- Confidentiality a must.
- Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, calculator, copiers, and fax.
Background Check Requirements:
- This position requires the successful completion of an initial and annual criminal history background check.
- Offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, the company paid group term life insurance, nine (9) paid holidays and paid time off (based on years of service).
- Business casual dress
- A culture founded upon open-door policies, team-orientation, and customer focus
- Free beverages, including tea and coffee
- Company-sponsored social events and outings