Enterprise Engine (E2) Programs consist of diverse applications, e.g. Notice to Mariners (NtM) and Distributed Real-time Autonomously Guided Operations Programs, that have a common modeling, visualization and ontology core with sub-objectives that support each other. In addition, E2 has a Model-Oriented Development Environment (MoDE) Program to develop quicker ways to build software intensive systems with models that can be developed quickly and modified easily to auto-generate documentation and code.
E2 Programs have an immediate need for a candidate that can reapply existing AI-based language translation and natural language processing techniques to new business and to help develop a vision classification capability as part of E2. As such, this candidate will need skills to support changes to this software, currently written using OpenNMT language translation framework and GATE natural language toolset.
While executing the above tasks, this candidate will come up to speed, and will phase into the NtM application. NtM aids NGA analysts in making electronic corrections to maritime charts and notices. NtM requires a broader skill set, helping to add Agent-Based Core Development and Capabilities and automating what is now manual analyst functions. Our primary objective is to improve the accuracy, timeliness, and manual workload required for processing and rebroadcasting Navigational Warnings by automating and supporting existing analyst tasks while reducing potential cyber vulnerabilities for navigation information, products, and services. This software is Java and Cloud based.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- With help from a senior software engineer and existing documentation, understand the legacy software to the point where candidate can make necessary software changes.
- Design, implement, document and test new E2-related, assigned components and publish software to a BitBucket (it uses git) repository.
- Learn about E2 applications, tools and environment (with SNC support).
- Help transition test E2 software to a customer-preferred cloud-based environment.
- Participate in the E2 agile process and present task results.
- Design, architect, development, debug and deploy of capabilities, systems, documents, and test and employing MDD techniques.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to company/program standards and customer requirements.
- Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of training with 3+ years of related work experience.
- Unix development and deployment expertise.
- AWS cloud deployment.
- MDD development, specification and auto-documentation experience.
- Strong data structure and algorithm fundamentals.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with NLP tools (e.g. gate) and deep learning frameworks (e.g. OpenNMT) applied to computer vision and/or language translation
- Experience with big data data-flow tools e.g. NiFi
- Java and scripting experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skill to root cause complex issues.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding and specification standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
- Source control, configuration management with SVN and Git.
- Cybersecurity and ontology software related development is a plus.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.