At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and lets move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-stack Engineer to build a visualization platform for the Compute infrastructure used by Uber developers.
The Compute team orchestrates & manages jobs across all the Compute clusters across all geographies (on-prem and public clouds). The Compute platform hosts all kinds of jobs & services - Stateless services, batch jobs (Spark, , etc) and Stateful applications.
The role involves collaborating with engineers and technical program managers to build a web portal that enables users of Compute to be able to view the various jobs running on the platform. The candidate will work with Product managers and program managers to identify the set of features needed and build out the features from both a front-end and a backend perspective. The role is very user visible and so a customer obsessed engineer is needed. What Youll Do
- Enable Stateless services, batch jobs & Stateful jobs to be visualized on a Compute web portal
- Build for fault tolerance. Ensure that failure of a temporary outage in a datacenter does not bring down the portal.
- Build for the next level of scale. Ensure that the web portal is scalable across the large Uber hardware fleet
- Be a role model on acting with good judgement and responsibility. Engineers across the team will look to you since you will be the face of what Compute does.
- Up the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward..
What Youll Need
- You have knowledge of a backend stack (some examples include: Node.js, Golang, Java or similar).
- You are good at debugging and profiling Browsers and Node.js.
- You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve.
Bonus Point If
- Frameworks like React/Redux are a plus.
About the TeamThe Compute team orchestrates & manages jobs across all the Compute clusters across all geographies (on-prem and public clouds). The Compute platform hosts all kinds of jobs & services - Stateless services, batch jobs (Spark, , etc) and Stateful applications.
We build scalable solutions enable user jobs be deployed anywhere in the world with the touch of a button. We build large scale cluster management solutions and job scheduling software. We build abstractions so that Uber developers do not have care about infrastructure and infrastructure just works for every application type.
We actively work with open-source community and contribute back (Kraken, Makisu). We are at the cutting of technology and the team regularly presents at industry conferences.