Job Description Overview
Canon USAs Healthcare Optics Research Lab is a young organization that is gaining momentum. We are partnering with world class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. This Software Engineer (Engineer) position is part of a medical device development team responsible for the design, implementation and verification of medical optical imaging device, miniature endoscope. It is a hands-on role inventing practical solutions to develop imaging control and image processing software while meeting various functional and non-functional requirements of novel medical devices.
- Software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical imaging devices that consists of hardware control, data acquisition, signal/image processing, display, and post processing of medical images
- Work collaboratively with researchers and application development engineers in all software development phases
- Design and code medical-grade software that meet the defined software requirements and Design Inputs
- Create documentation adhering to regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Contribute to product requirement development and risk management reviews
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Keep abreast of relevant and new technologies in the medical imaging field
- Report progress regularly to Management
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Completion of software development applicable to medical imaging projects
- Completion of software documentation including requirements, architecture design and specifications
- Completion of quality assurance of the software system
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- 3 years in a software engineering role experience required
- Strong understanding of modern programming languages. Proficiency in C/C++ is required
- Knowledge and experience in image processing; experience using toolkits such as IPP required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to other stakeholders in different functions at various levels
- Strong understanding of best practices of modern software development processes
- Strong understanding of development platforms such as VisualStudio
- Experience with development of GUI is a plus
- Experience developing medical or other safety-critical products is preferred
- Experience of software architecture design and development is preferred
- Experience with CUDA or OpenCV is a plus
- Experience with OpenGL, GPU/CUDA coding is preferred
- Experience designing and managing complex systems and control systems of hardware
- Experience and understanding of hardware control electronics is preferred
- Experience in intellectual property development is a plus
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [email protected]
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE
DeepBiome Therapeutics Cambridge, MA
DeepBiome Therapeutics Cambridge, MA
Indigo Technologies Cambridge, MA
Wayfair Boston, MA
Lionbridge Technologies Waltham, MA