Office 365 substrate is critical to Microsofts cloud strategy and it is experiencing tremendous growth, with 120 million monthly active commercial users and hundreds of millions of consumer users. The Substrate is a massively distributed cloud service with O(exabyte) data handled by O(100K) servers in O(100) data-centers around the entire globe, and it s a joint effort across Office 365 teams as well as Windows and Bing.
We are the O365 Substrate Productivity Intelligence team, and we are building a platform that empowers first and third-party developers and data scientists to build new breed of intelligent applications without compromising O365 data privacy and compliance standards. O365 MyAnalytics, CRM, Workplace Analytics and Bing apps are examples of consumers of the platform. The platform also enables machine learning solutions over O365 substrate data.
We are looking for a software developer with a passion for solving hard problems, big data, real time event processing, and building software at very large scale.
A successful candidate will show skills in the following areas:
- Design and coding: You have strong design and problem-solving skills.
- Technology: You are strong technically across a broad set of service technologies. You can come up to speed on new products and technologies quickly and have a passion for continuing to grow in the technical dimension.
- Customer Focus: You see products through the eyes of customers and can quickly spot issues in end to end scenarios and seams between products and components.
- Collaboration: You can collaborate across various teams in Microsoft.
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5 years of software development experience
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in OOP C# / Java
- Experience building restful services and working with NOSQL database systems.
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex problems.
- Familiarity with ETL, Data Modeling, and working with Business Intelligence systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.