Software Engineer Full Stack The CompanyModular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. Were more than a company, were a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself. The Challenges MineCare Maintenance Management and IoTThe MineCare and IoT team develops the system that is the industry leader on maintenance for mining equipment, Modular MineCare. It is also responsible to develop sensor drivers for hundreds of different interfaces from multiple equipment manufacturers. MineCare 3 revolutionizes asset management in the mining industry. The real-time system is cloud based, combining the benefits of equipment health monitoring with cloud computing technology and advanced analytics capabilities. This latest version of the industrys leading asset management system incorporates a vastly improved user experience, with visual tracking location of equipment, fault occurrences, and enhanced data collection. The MineCare 3 solution provides users with the ability to see all data and fault information from their machines in real time, along with satellite image tracking showing exact operating locations. Systems ArchitectureThe Systems Architecture team collaborates with Application and Hardware Teams, supporting and evolving the platform that is the base for all our products. Our team s main challenge is to produce high performance and robust software components to handle a very demanding ****93/7 mine environment, as well as to research and develop Mobile HW Platforms, such as IoT-like devices and mobile computers. Our team focus on integrating solutions that are aligned with industry trends such as lambda architectures and modern components like ReactJS, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Protobuf, Fluentd, Zipkin, Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, etc., in a SoA ecosystem with DevOps principles. Autonomous Haulage SystemThe Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) is a comprehensive fleet management system for mines. The autonomous dump truck, jointly developed by Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp. and Modular Mining Systems, Inc, is centrally controlled through a wireless network that integrates on-board vehicle controllers, high precision global positioning, and obstacle detection and avoidance systems. The system has full supervisory logic that utilizes complex data fusion to control the dump truck to safely operate through a load, haul and dump cycle and allow integration with other mine vehicles such as light vehicles, dozers, loaders, graders. AHS Product Development team is responsible for crafting innovative solutions to unique and challenging problems. Working with our partners around the world, you will help design and support the next generation of mine planning and optimization technology and build the future platforms and infrastructure that will drive the changes in the mining industry for generations. ProVision Machine GuidanceProVision machine guidance solutions use centimeter-precision GPS, mine planning software information, a wireless radio network, and Modular s rugged PTX-C mobile platform to provide continuous guidance to equipment operators on their path to project completion. Key information on the operator s mobile device includes: a map of the work region, local hazards, the equipment s real-time position, and continuous updates to project requirements. This information enables operators to work safely and efficiently, day or night, and helps your mine achieve lower cost per ton. Responsibilities
- Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a full stack developer in Modular, you will be responsible for the following:
- Producing and maintaining high quality, tested and efficient code, following industry standards.
- Developing proof of concepts for new, innovative solutions.
- Performing analysis, estimating work, creating and updating software architecture and design.
- Understanding Modular applications domain and pro-actively interacting with product teams to improve functional and nonfunctional aspects of platform components.
- Undergraduate or Master s student pursuing a Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering major or equivalent field of study
- Strong coding skills in at least one major object-oriented language (C#, Java, C++)
- Proven problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering best-practices, patterns and anti-patterns
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with local and offshore development teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills