SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service-disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.OVERVIEW:
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester will be part of the team supporting the Veteran Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program. This position is in Washington, DC.Key Responsibilities:
- Works as a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst/Tester within a fast-paced environment to execute the test planning, assessment, development, and execution tasks associated with increment, sustainment, and break fix code releases for assigned areas under SQA Test Lead direction.
- Identifies and mitigates risks and advises the Data Access Service (DAS) SQA Test Manager and Project Team about discovered errors, bugs, and software risks.
- Coordinates and communicates test script development activities with the Requirements, Technical Leads, Project Management, DAS Integration Testing, Development, and Consuming Application staff.
- Recommends solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking testing activities by utilizing multiple project management and test tools which may include GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, Rational Jazz, Rational Quality Manager, VA ProPath templates, Microsoft (MS) Project, Primavera, Visio, SharePoint, and other identified tools.
- Adheres to quality management standards and procedures, VIP processes, and DAS Project standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Has experience with the Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) at the Department of Veterans Affairs, a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development using agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe) within large organizations.
- Effectively collaborates with diverse teams and cross functional stakeholders in geographically disparate areas.
- Bachelor s degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Cost Accounting or related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience. Minimum of 8 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Experience in the effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience planning, implementing, and executing software testing processes.
- Experience with Rational Quality Manager, Rational Functional Tester, Rational Performance Tester software and building test scripts.
- Possess a clear understanding between functional and regression testing, as well as, expertise in data analysis of software log files.
- Well versed with automated testing as well as proficient in using automated testing tools along with exposure to the DevOps model.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EAD to obtain and maintain a Veteran Affairs Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proficient in VA standard MS Office tools, SQA best practices and industry standard Information Technology testing tools.
- Proficiency in IBM Rational Tool Suite is desired.
- Possess good communication, analytical, and writing skills with a proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with running test cases using tools such as SOAP UI, Junit, and Mocha is desired.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Possess the ability to explain intricate and complicated concepts and ideas.
- Experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs is highly desired.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V