Valiant is seeking a skilled individual to serve as Space Operations Subject Matter Expertise (SME) supporting the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) Joint Exercise Program. Position is in direct support of Joint Staff (JS) J7 Deputy Director Joint Training (DDJT) Joint Exercise Division (JExD).
- Participate, coordinate and plan during the Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) Space design scenarios and Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) injects for Space Operations exercises.
- Develop and review techniques and procedures relating to space operations functions and responsibilities including lethal and non-lethal operation Joint Command and Control.
- Collaborate with Joint Staff Directorates and other agencies in identifying materiel solutions to address capability gaps and to assist with the standing up and development of a recently established US Space Command and Space Force.
- Analyze, collect and deliver progress results on the creation of a US Space Command.
- Recommend authority and policy changes to the Unified Command Plan (UCP), Guidance for Employment of the Force, Joint Strategic Capabilities Plan and other strategic documents.
- Provide Space expertise and support Global Integrated Exercises (GIEs).
- Plan, integrate and coordinate global operations in support of space operations, advocating space capabilities and developing space operations contingency plans and operations.
- Produce an annual comprehensive Space Training and Education (T&E) cost estimate, compiling training and education dollars allocated and expended.
- Provide expertise input on Quick Reaction Tests (QRT) specific to Space operations.
- Observe and analyze Space operations and provide input to doctrine writer to ensure accuracy and real world application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for a U.S. passport
- Must possess a Top Secret clearance and meet eligibility requirements to be granted Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access
- Must have a minimum of 8 years experience as a commissioned officer or DoD civilian equivalent including 5 years experience in planning and conducting military training
- Must be knowledgeable of Space Operations and the role that plays in Joint Operations
- Must be able to travel unassisted to CONUS and oversees locations to perform job duties
- Experience in Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC), Universal Joint Task List (UJTL) and Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) processes desired
- Skilled in all aspects of communications for briefings, presentations and classroom instructions
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and collaboration applications
- Bachelor s degree desired (service experience may substitute)
- Graduate of an intermediate Service School desired
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.