This is a non-union position
W E= unlimited potential
We didnt get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel peoples quality of life. Individuals like you. And now were looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com .
The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise for the implementation and support of systems that meet requirements of a given functional area (SCADA Business Applications) via active participation in a cohesive team. This includes implementing projects and supporting existing applications.
- Works closely with our business users to determine and fully understand their functional and data requirements for new or existing applications, and translates to technical specifications or configurations.
- Participates in and effectively contributes to the design, development, and implementation of complex applications.
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities, and implements solutions utilizing current and emerging technologies.
- Conducts issue reviews, and determines strategies to prevent problem re-occurrences.
- Addresses technical strategies to ensure adherence to security, business continuity, and compliance requirements.
- Evaluates software and related hardware and firmware required for the application.
- Analyzes software performance, and assist in establishing acceptable performance levels.
- Leads and reviews work of other developers and quality assurance analysts when required.
- Partners with external vendors to implement security, data, and other changes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Contacts (Working Relationships)
This position interacts regularly with the following:
- Departmental management,
- Gas Control management (Gas and Liquid Pipelines)
- Operational Engineering,
- Data Scientist and Data Users
- SCADA Teams
- HMI Teams
- Engineering and Construction teams
- University degree in computer science, management information systems, or similar
- 7 or more years of IT experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical skills and experience with .NET, HTML, C#, Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong customer service focus in understanding and meeting the needs of our business partners
- Willingness to build collaborative relationships
- Experience in gas industry and related applications
- Experience developing reports and data integration using SSRS, SSIS
- Experience developing applications using Angular JS, Bootstrap, HTML5, UI Controls, MVC, WPF, WCF and Entity Framework
- Solid understanding with various development tools: TFS, Visual Studio, MS Enterprise Library and other MS tools
- Knowledge of Cygnet or other pipeline control HMI system
- Experience using low-code platforms or mobile development
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Highly logical and technically skilled.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple assignments through a myriad of changing business processes, regulatory requirements, availability of team members, shifting priorities and requests for service.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills targeted to the appropriate audience.
- Proven creative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Primarily office environment
- May require overtime
- May require standby or callouts
- May require travel (US and Canada)
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only ( https://careers.enbridge.com ).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting [email protected] .
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.