Specialist, Small Business & Consumer Operations, Dorchester, MA
Santander Bank – Dorchester, MA
Specialist, Small Business & Consumer Operations, Dorchester, MA-1903115
Description As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Specialist, Small Business & Consumer Operations delivers a good quality, error free work product within the required time frames. S/he ensures final product complies fully with the Company s credit policies and operational requirements.
- Ensures account maintenance instructions have properly executed documentation, signatures and approvals.
- Ensures all agreed checks in pre- processing / processing are strictly carried out.
- Ensures emails and customer requests are responded to completely, comprehensively and immediately.
- Ensures that new loan instructions have properly executed documentation, signatures and approvals.
- Ensures timely archival of records with service provider and proper maintenance of inventory of archived records.
- Ensures timely escalation to Management of any exception noticed related to work and environment.
- Participates in team meetings and ensures implementation of agreed action points.
- Processes loan confirmations for loan transactions and remits confirmation to the customer as required.
- Researches the unit s Suspense Account entries to determine which entries are unapplied loan payments.
- Reviews customer account instructions to ensure that proper documentation is attached.
- Supports implementation of key projects.,Updates control sheet and reconciles the daily instructions.
- Verifies accuracy of transaction details for account transactions, fees, rates, spreads and instruction.
- Bachelor s Degree; in Finance, Business or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years; In same or similar role.
- Ability to deal with customers effectively,Ability to develop and implement goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate, develop, and implement projects and procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines,Basic knowledge of lending procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret compliance regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines (residential mortgage; consumer; commercial).
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of software programs (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Collects data and relevant facts to communicate problems.
- Presents the general outline and direction of the solution.
- Demonstrates the organization s customer service standards.
- Foundational - Learning and developing.
- Ensures all tasks are carried out correctly Learns from past mistakes and ensures that they are not repeated in similar future situations.
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures.
- Openly and proactively shares information.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to find a solution.
- Understands the central role the risk management function plays in the organization environment.
- Learns to identify and flag items non-compliant with regulations.
- Works effectively in team settings.
- Shows appreciation for others help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply
Job:Business Operations Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule:Full-time
Job Posting:Jun 24, 2019, 3:54:59 PM