SQL Database Administrator
Job Id : 4059
Jobtitle : SQL Database Administrator
Location : Delaware, OH
Company Name : BAE
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $55,000 - $95,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-08-16
Required Skills : Oracle, PL SQL, SQL Server, MS Access.
Benefits : No benefits are available
Required Skills and Education :
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Sponsorship will not be provided for this opportunity.
- Must have an Active Clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Five (5) years progressive experience of database query languages such as Oracle, PL SQL, SQL Server, and MS Access.
- At least three years hands-on experience and expertise in Relational Database Management Systems.
- Capability to work on various operating systems and additional programming languages.
- Has experience in at least two projects in a large organization responsible for administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer database.
- Expert with enterprise Oracle database software and application products, Microsoft SQL Server and IBM DB2.
Must possess one of the following certifications: MCSE:SQL Server or MCSA: SQL Server
- DoD 8570 / 8140 IAT Level II Certifications:
- IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, Security +CE, SSCP) or
- IAT III (CASP CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
Typical Education & Experience :
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Description We are currently seeking a MS SQL Database Administrator to work for our company. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for a wide variety of functions to include but not limited to:
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end /back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.