SQL Database Administrator
Job ID : 27161
Location : Raleigh, NC
Company Name : JSM Consulting
Job Type : Contract
Industry : Computer/Software
Salary : $40 - $45 per hour
No. of Positions : 2-4
Required Skills : Sql Data Base Administrator,
Benefits : No benefits are available
Job Description :
- Candidates will be allowed to work remotely. However, he/she does need to be onsite as required, likely once a week.
- The candidates will need to be in Raleigh so he/she can come onsite at short notice.
- Candidates need to be local.
- The individual will be accountable for the successful design, development, and delivery of SQL solutions within on-prem and cloud environments.
- An ideal candidate will be someone who leads, develops, maintains, and integrates processes for a data warehouse that will extract data from standardized or varied data sources and transforms data for storing in proper formats and structures for querying and analysis using SSIS.
- This would include loading data into an operational data store (ODS), and a dimensional model (EDM).
- Responsible for architecting, testing, implementation of solution as well as mentoring and training other SSIS/ETL developers in technology and business processes.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Data analysis and database management
- Strong experience using SSIS as the ETL tool in a data warehouse environment.
- Exercises, in conjunction with the enterprise data architect, independent decision-making to create processes that initiate the ETL, developing stream-lined processes for extracted data loading to destination databases.
- Performs data profiling of source data to identify data quality issues and anomalies, business knowledge embedded in data, gathering of natural keys, and metadata information.
- Creates data validation rules on source data to confirm the data has correct and/or expected values.
- Creates process cleanup after complex ETL processes that release resources used to run ETL. This would include error handling and SSIS restart.
- Designs and implements technology best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes.
- (Physical) Environment-level administration; installation/patch/upgrade of database software; management of HA, database-level security; maintenance of database configuration files and data files; completion of database reorganizations, environment tuning, refreshes, exports and imports, backup and recovery; performance of capacity planning driven by technology and resource usage trends
- This work order is essential for service delivery of the following: A new System Office Analytical Data Warehouse in the cloud.
- The DBA Team has one (1) SQL Server Administrator on staff. These positions will work with the DBA team in conjunction with the Data Warehouse team.
- Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.