SQL Database Performance Engineer (SQL Server Experience only)
HealthHelp – Houston, TX
At HealthHelp, youll find a fast-paced, technically challenging work environment. We are seeking an experienced SQL Database Performance Engineer to assist with overseeing a multi SQL Server (around 30) environment. This individual will be routinely interacting with other teams within IT, including Application Developers, QA Team, Infrastructure Team, Business/Technical Analysts, and Management. You will work within our data team to help maintain and enhance our database architecture and platform, operational systems environment, and will assist in the implementation of cutting-edge database technologies within the development and support of HealthHelp Data Warehouse, and operational system. You will also be responsible for meeting with other department staffs and Data & BI team members to assist with database solutions and challenges for new clients.
The right candidate will have strong SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012 programming experience with 5+ years of extensive experience in database development, performance analysis, data management, database administration, monitoring and maintenance. The candidate must also be willing to perform after-hours and weekend support as needed.
- Experience in data-centric project life cycle development and methodology to plan, design, build, transform, test, store & maintain data on data platform, optimize data-centric projects, increasing awareness of data definitions, maintain consistent data standard across different database systems.
- Handle production data systems support - critical applications, day to day tasks/incidents, troubleshooting sensitive data issues, data deployment, change request, monitoring production jobs & data processes, etc.
- Assist with managing and monitoring multiple mission critical SQL Server environments, mostly running with SQL Server 2016.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any database related issues (performance/waits/bottlenecks, connectivity, backups, and environment).
- Research & Develop new and improved strategies and processes to help enhance the data environment.
- Hands on and excellence in writing T-SQL complex scripts, stored procedures, database functions, report writing, best practices (optimization, use of joins and sub-queries), design and develop ETL processes utilizing SSIS, complex ETL mappings and other database activities (archive, backups, recovery etc.).
- Understand schemas, table indexing, query strategies, and database objects maintenance and performance issues.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Analyze and monitor existing systems capabilities, automate data solutions, implement best practices for data movement across ETL, database/ data warehouse and ensure that the data is adherence to Health care standards, policies, compliance and any external regulations.
- Ability to manage individual priorities, coordinate with team members / other departments to address their data/database issues, requirement gathering, drafting technical documents, develop & deploy new data solutions by performing unit, integration, acceptance testing and bug fixing etc.
- Monitoring Database and Reporting Server and collecting database metrics and come up with a solution to address the problems proactively.
- Performance tuning in mission critical environments. Perform analysis using execution plans, DMVs, system tables, error logs, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work and collaborate with business and other departments to collect new requirements and design the system with Database administrators, Data Architects and DB Systems managers within the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s degree in computer science engineering, mathematics, information technology, Business Administration required Or Master Degree in computer science, computer application or Business Administration required.
- Minimum 5+ years of extensive experience in, Data & Database Management, High availability strategies - Server Always On Availability Groups, data replication and failover, Security and Permissions, Indexing/Statistics maintenance and strategies, Setup and Configuration of SQL Servers, Strong technical problem solver in high pressure situations.
- Experience with relational database systems in an operational environment and particularly with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Experience in multi-server data management and database administration functions, Performance tuning in mission critical environments. Perform analysis using execution plans, DMVs, system tables, error logs, etc.
- Table Partitioning. Source code versioning, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and other equivalent ETL tools and ETL design and development & T-SQL programming using SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012.
- Excellent work ethic, organizational, analytical, planning, problem solving, and communication skills are must
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA/MCSE) is a plus.