Job ID : 14009
Job Title : SQL Developer
Location : Mount Laurel, NJ
Company Name : Vertical Screen, Inc.
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $60,000 - $100,000 per year
Job Type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-06-03
Required Skills : Strong Skills And Experience In Performance Tuning - Index, Table, Queries, And Stored Procedures,Must Have Strong SQL Programming Skills
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,401K
Job Description :
As a growing progressive company where technology powers our success, we are seeking a SQL Developer to help enhance and expand our existing systems. Our team is passionate and dedicated to developing new features for our products, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to become the newest members of our expanding development operations. This exciting position comes with an excellent benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, bonus program, paid time off, casual working environment, flexible work schedule and more!
- The SQL Developer (SDBA) will be creating SQL queries, managing reporting services and writing stored procedures in addition to monitoring the day-to-day events of the SQL server systems. The SDBA is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases. This individual will also provide assessments and implementations of new technologies.
- The SDBA will apply problem-solving skills to help create validation and testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments. Upholds all corporate security policies and procedures.
- Ensures that daily activities support safeguarding of client and corporate data and resources and completes Security Refresher training annually.
- Designs, configures, maintains and manages network security features for local and wide area networks (including but not limited to VPN config/maintenance).
- Adds and deletes users as required on network devices. Works with outside telecommunications engineers to integrate voice, data and video applications on the local and wide area networks.
- Analyzes, recommends, and evaluates new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- The SQL Developer will be responsible for using discretion and independent judgment, ensuring standardization of SQL coding practices and adherence to coding standards, change control, and SQL best practices.
- Translating data requirements into SQL stored procedures and views. This includes coding, optimizing, testing and documenting the stored procedures.
- Develop SQL Queries and Stored procedures as requested by the development teams. Develop custom SQL reports, data warehouse design and support.
- Responsible for configuring and maintain SQL Server Reporting Services and creating and maintaining reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports. Strong skills and experience in performance tuning - Indexing, Queries, and Stored procedures. Responsible for availability and reliability of business data stored in production application databases, ensuring integrity of data.
- Must provide database support for applications; in-house development, and purchased applications. Identify performance bottlenecks by setting up, monitoring and validating all production database, backups and suggestions on how to address any issues found.
- Responsible for monitoring alert logs, dump files and other logs for errors. Create and keep system documentation up to date and insure that all best practices are implemented.
- Upholds all corporate security policies and procedures. Ensures that daily activities support safeguarding of client and corporate data and resources. Reports any security concerns to the security team.
Required Skills :
- Expectation is the candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work well in a team, collaborating with developers, customers, project managers and requirements analysts.
- Must have strong SQL programming skills
- Proven experience with query optimization.
- Must have good knowledge of relational database systems and designs.
- Strong skills and experience in performance tuning - Index, Table, Queries, and Stored procedures
- Experience with Crystal Reports.
- 3 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of SQL Server 2000, 2005 and/or 2008.
- The candidate we are seeking will have College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- Must complete ISO and FCRA certification tests. Must also complete department specific training certifications and corporate security training.
- All candidates are subject to a drug test and a background screening and must meet FBI requirements.